WIC is a supplemental nutrition program that will help you and your child eat well and stay healthy.
Complete the online interest form to start your application today!
Who is Eligible?
- Pregnant women
- Women breastfeeding an infant up to the infant's 1st birthday
- Postpartum women up to 6 months after delivery or end of pregnancy
- Infants up to their 1st birthday
- Children from age 1 until their 5th birthday
- Applicants must live in Missouri to receive Missouri WIC.
- Applicants must have gross income at or below the standards attached below. Income guidelines are based on 185% of poverty level.
- WIC counts all of the members of a household.
- Some applicants who receive MO Health Net may automatically meet income eligibility.
- Applicants who receive food stamps or TANF are automatically income eligible.
Personalized Nutrition Counseling
- You and your child will receive a nutrition assessment, including a measurement of weight, height, and hemoglobin, to identify nutritional needs and interests
- During every visit, you will have the opportunity to receive education and counseling on good nutrition, healthy eating, breastfeeding, and any special health concerns your family might have.
Supplemental Nutritious Foods
- WIC provides foods that promote healthy choices to meet your child's and your nutritional needs
- Food provided by WIC are meant to supplement your diet and won't provide all nutritional requirements
- Talk with your WIC Nutritionist about ideas to keep your family healthy.
Breastfeeding Counseling and Support
- Dunklin County WIC offers an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant on staff for breastfeeding help.
- 24/7 breastfeeding support available from our breastfeeding peer counselor.
- 2 breastfeeding classes are offered to all prenatal participants on the program.
- A breastfeeding support group is hosted every other month for mothers to connect.
Dunklin County Health Department
402 Recovery Road
Kennett, MO 63857
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Malden WIC Office
1108 North Douglas
Malden, MO 63863
Wednesdays Only 9:00am - 3:30pm
For more information, please visit www.health.mo.gov/wic.
WIC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Services are provided on a nondiscriminatory basis.